Follow by email

Sign up to receive this newsletter and get special low genealogy discounts sent to your email.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, May 21, 2012

Herbert Dittler, famous Atlanta violinist

Herbert Dittler, aged 16 years, a great violinist. He first performed at the age of five years when he performed upon the stage of the Grand Opera House in a concert given for the benefit of the Mobile sufferers, at which time he played selections from Mendelssohn and Beethoven. Dittler was born in 1890, the son of Alex Dittlee, deputy clerk of the Superior Court. "I am happy to be back here with my dear father and mother, my family and my friends, but I am going to Europe in a few weeks to continue my studies." Atlanta Journal. 2 June 1906.

No comments:

Post a Comment